The Trimble GreenSeeker handheld crop sensor is an affordable, easy-to-use measurement device that can be used to assess the heath — or vigor — of a crop in order to make better nutrient management decisions on your farm.
Use the GreenSeeker handheld to instantly take a reading of your crop’s health. Readings can be used to make non-subjective decisions regarding the amount of fertilizer to be applied to your crop, resulting in more efficient use of fertilizer — a benefit to your bottom line and the environment.
- The sensor emits brief bursts of red and infrared light and then measures the amount of each type of light that is reflected back from the plant
- The sensor continues to sample the scanned area as long as the trigger remains engaged
- The sensor displays the measured value in terms of an NDVI reading (ranging from 0.00 to 0.99) on its LCD display screen
- The strength of the detected light is a direct indicator of the health of the crop; the higher the reading, the healthier the plant
- Use the Trimble Ag Software scout app on a smartphone or tablet to calculate fertilizer application rates from crop readings taken with the GreenSeeker handheld.
- High-quality optical sensor to instantly measure plant vigor
- Easy-to-read display, even in sunlight
- Simple pull-type trigger and comfortable hand grip
- Micro USB charging port